Wednesday, November 18, 2009

One person with a good idea can cause change

November 18, 2009
By A. Gaffar Peang-Meth
Pacific Daily News

An inspiring quote by Mahatma Gandhi, "You must be the change you wish to see in the world," makes many feel hopeful, even feel empowered.
If change is inevitable, do we allow the change to emerge without our input, which puts us at risk of being destroyed by it, or do we take action to affect the change we would like to see?
Today, I'd like to write about how to lead change. I'm drawing from bestselling author, entrepreneur and blogger Seth Godin's observations. He has interesting ideas about how to foment change. I think each of us can see things around us that we know are wrong or that could be better. Our instincts tell us we should do something, but we don't. We're busy, someone else will take care of it. This is where Seth Godin comes in: how change occurs. His theory of tribes dovetails nicely with the political socialization model I've written of over the years.

No comments: