I have no apologies for backing the people who opposed Vietnamese occupation of Khmer soil; nor any for joining the Non-Communist Resistance (1980-1989) to act against Vietnamese troops that installed a puppet regime in Cambodia and that controlled the country from 1979-1989.
My ideas of democracy, republican values and rule of law have never wavered.
Yet I served without complaint when Prince Sihanouk was president of the coalition that fought Vietnamese occupiers, and I served with Prince Sihanouk's son, Prince Ranariddh, in the joint military command, fighting the Vietnamese occupiers. My homeland's sovereignty and territorial integrity are non-negotiable.
August 18, 2010By A. Gaffar Peang-Meth
Pacific Daily News
Chinese Taoist philosopher Lao Tzu said, "To realize that you do not understand is a virtue; Not to realize that you do not understand is a defect."
To understand is to comprehend, to grasp the significance or the meaning of something intended or expressed by another. It requires an ability to imagine, relate, compare, identify, interpret and analyze the thinking of another.
An amusing remark attributed to Robert McCloskey of the U.S. State Department is relevant: "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Please click here to read more...
To understand is to comprehend, to grasp the significance or the meaning of something intended or expressed by another. It requires an ability to imagine, relate, compare, identify, interpret and analyze the thinking of another.
An amusing remark attributed to Robert McCloskey of the U.S. State Department is relevant: "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Please click here to read more...
No comments:
Post a Comment