BANGKOK, Jan 15 (MCOT online news) -- Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said Saturday he is optimistic that all seven Thai detainees being held in Phnom Penh will be free on bail soon, yet urged army chief Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha to both use restraint and speed up the process of resolving border problems with the neighbouring country amid slanders by the so-called Thailand Patriots Network (TPN) group.
The group said that senior Thai military officers were somehow profiting from the border troubles and the slow action in helping the detainees.
“I understand the army chief’s feeling," the prime minister said."I wish to ask him to be patient.”.
On Friday, TPN activists rallied at Thailand's defense ministry, calling for the resignation of the prime minister, Foreign Affairs Minister Kasit Piromya and Defense Minister Prawit Wongsuwan.
Please click here to read more...
The group said that senior Thai military officers were somehow profiting from the border troubles and the slow action in helping the detainees.
“I understand the army chief’s feeling," the prime minister said."I wish to ask him to be patient.”.
On Friday, TPN activists rallied at Thailand's defense ministry, calling for the resignation of the prime minister, Foreign Affairs Minister Kasit Piromya and Defense Minister Prawit Wongsuwan.
Please click here to read more...
No comments:
Post a Comment