Monday, February 21, 2011

Border ceasefire brokered [-Kasit Piromya already reneges this ceasefire, read below]

Cambodian+soldier+relaxing+at+Preah+Vihear+temple+%2528PPP%2529.jpg
A Royal Cambodian Armed Forces soldier relaxes at Preah Vihear temple during a lull in fighting with Thailand earlier this month. (Photo by: Heng Chivoan)

Sunday, 20 February 2011
Cheang Sokha
The Phnom Penh Post

Cambodian and Thai military commanders have reportedly agreed to a ceasefire in the disputed areas close to Preah Vihear temple, after clashes in the area earlier this month left at least 10 people dead and dozens injured on both sides.

Touch Ra, deputy chief of the border relations office in Oddar Meanchey province, said today that military commanders from the two sides met for a two-hour closed-door meeting on Saturday attended by Hun Manet, Prime Minister Hun Sen’s eldest son.

“The result of the meeting has not been revealed as it was held secretly,” Touch Ra said.

Please click here to read more...

No comments: