By PIYANART SRIVALO
THE NATION
Natural Resources and Environment Minister Suwit Khunkitti yesterday denied that he changed his mind about withdrawing as the chief negotiator in the Preah Vihear Temple dispute with Cambodia because of a remark by Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban.
"The issue does not belong to the natural resources minister actually. I just volunteered to do the job in the first place, and this time is a second chance. I volunteered to do the job, but it's not my duty," he said.
"The issue does not belong to the natural resources minister actually. I just volunteered to do the job in the first place, and this time is a second chance. I volunteered to do the job, but it's not my duty," he said.
Suthep reportedly had said that Suwit, as a Cabinet member, had been assigned that role and if he wanted to quit, he should also quit the Cabinet.
Suwit reiterated that the negotiations should be handled by Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya, as his own stance was clear against listing the temple as a World Heritage Site unless demarcation complications were sorted out.
Please click here to read more...
No comments:
Post a Comment