Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sam Rainsy 'Not Surprised' by 10-Year Sentence

Cambodian opposition party leader Sam Rainsy (Photo: RFA)


Pin Sisovann, VOA Khmer
Washington, D.C Monday, 27 September 2010

“I am not surprised. Instead, it encourages me, because if the Phnom Penh government has its court sentence me, it means I am right.”
Following a court decision last week that sentenced Sam Rainsy to 10 years in prison, the exiled opposition leader maintained in an interview the cases against him are political.

“I am not surprised,” Sam Rainsy told VOA Khmer in a question-and-answer session, reacting to a court decision. “Instead, it encourages me, because if the Phnom Penh government has its court sentence me, it means I am right.”

Sam Rainsy was convicted of forgery and disinformation, after he published a map alleging Vietnamese land encroachment on his party's website.
Please click here to read more...

No comments: